- Various straight/zigzag stitch sewing machines
- Serger Machine (She does the in seams of clothing)
- Computerized embroidery machine (temporary loan from sara)
- Invisible stitch machine (for making invisible hems in clothes)
- Singer sewing machine for leather or heavy duty materials
- Various sewing notions and small tools
- Cricut die-cutting machine
- Vinyl cutter
- Screen Printing kits
- Paper crafts
- Sewing crafts
- Paper cutters and small tools for crafting
The Fabric & Crafts area is where you will find everything you need for sewing and working with fabrics and other soft materials. There is a monthly Crochet & Knitting night, on the 3rd Monday of every month. It’s a free social club that meets to enjoy their selected yarn craft while chatting about current affairs.
Fabric Crafts Captain
Sara Rushton grew up in Groveland, MA (next to Haverhill… okay, now you know it). In high school she fell in love with photography, arts & crafts but enjoyed it as an extracurricular activity. She focused in college on Science instead. At home, she was taught by her mom how to sew, knit and do everything crafty. She has also worked as a cake decorator for over 10 years.
Sara to enjoys the tools and community of Lowell Makes. She has worn many hats at Lowell Makes including; manager, sewing shop captain, teacher, student, and friend. Her favorite class to teach is crochet because it is much simpler then people think it is. She can also show people how to use the many sewing machines in the sewing area. The best part about creating in a space full of intelligent, creative and industrious people is when you get to the point in your project where you need to use a tool that you are too scared to learn, someone will typically be there to lend a hand.