Learn to Airbrush Workshop [DND]
February 23 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on February 23, 2019 at 2:00pm
Sick of uneven coats or obvious brush strokes on your painted projects? It’s time to learn to airbrush!
This workshop reviews the tools and techniques you’ll need to get started and covers:
- Kinds of airbrushes on the market, and why you really only want to use a gravity-fed double-action airbrush
- What to look for in a compressor
- Types of paints you can use and how to thin them to the right consistency
- Adjusting the flow to get smooth, even coverage
- Modifying spray technique to cover wide areas or fine details
- Primers, color coats, varnishes
- Keeping the airbrush clean and running smoothly
We’ll be focusing on painting small 3D printed tabletop gaming miniatures using acrylics, but after the workshop you’ll be able to dive into other areas with your new skills: t-shirt design, cake decoration, putting that awesome wolf-howling-at-the-moon custom paint job on the side of your weird cousin’s Econoline van, you name it!
Equipment and materials will be provided for use during the workshop. Two sessions will be held on February 23rd. Each workshop is limited to 8 participants.
About the Instructor:
Bradley Powers works with robots all day and then comes to Lowell Makes to mess with high-tech gizmos for relaxation. He also makes things. Lots of things. All the things.Purchase on Eventbrite