Bicycle Tune-Up Workshop
May 14 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Need a tune-up? Bring your bike in to learn how to properly tune and maintain your ride.
In the class we’ll cover
- Inspection – Inspecting the bike for problems to fix during the tuneup or for more involved problems that would require more involved repair
- Cleaning – A light cleaning of the overall bike, plus cleaning the drivetrain
- Lubrication – Lubricating the various moving parts. Includes how and with what and how often depending on the expected use.
- Adjustment of brakes – Adjusting the brakes for proper function
- Adjustments to shifting – Adjusting the shifting systems
- Minor truing of wheels (if needed) – Fixing slight wobbles without a truing stand
- Adjustments to head and hub bearings (If needed)
- Replacing brake pads and/or cables (if needed)
- Replacing shift cables (if needed)
- Replacing a tube
Active Lowell Makes members are eligible for a 20% discount for tickets.Purchase on Eventbrite